We are Filipinos so surely we all are happy and proud as Manny Pacquiao lands his left on Hatton's jaw. It was like seeing a Looney tunes cartoon where you get all the stars and little birds circling around Tom's head after Jerry hits him on the head. I gotta admit I laughed for a while when his arms moved after he landed on the floor. It appeared to me like Hatoon imitating the late FPJ's signature pose. The only difference is that he did it while lying on the floor.
Some people were really disappointed. Why? It's because the fight was too short and yet the commercials were too long. They were not even expecting for the kill to happen in the 2nd round. It's because when 24/7 was shown on TV, people were shown how there is balance between the 2 boxers. Both boxers have the speed. They sure both have the power. So what would the people be expecting? A 7 or maybe 8 round-fight.But it didn't happen.
Then interviews were done by the media of course. Manny was interviewed, so was Roach,not Hatton since he was immediately sent away and finally the very silent and humble, Mayweather Sr. And what did he say about the fight? He said they didn't expect Manny to be so much powerful in thr fight. Then he blamed Hatton and said the british boxer didn't listen to his instructions.
Honestly, I started to feel pity towards Hatton after the fight. Did you know that people name him FLATTON even online which I think is pretty bad since it was his coach who talked so much that made the British come to Las Vegas and watch Hatton win(at least that's what they expected then). He said there would be a knock-out. It's either him or the other which means he is not assuming an absolute win. And with what he said, I somehow feel there is humility in him(to think that he has the title).I just think it's too cruel and disrespectful to call the person such names. We didn't do things like that when Manny didn't win in his fights right?
I guess that's all for now. This is a message to my invisible and imaginary readers ...at present. I believe soon I'll get to have real followers.
*Thats the spirit!*
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment